It's time for cookie #5! We're just about 1/2 way there. We are planning on making 10+ types of cookies, although we will probably have to finish the extravaganza tomorrow. But we don't mind since we probably won't have to go to our day jobs on Monday. So, this is Martha's peanut butter cookie recipe.
1 1/2 c crunchy peanut butter (1 16.3 oz container)
1 c packed light brown sugar
1/2 c unsalted butter
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1. preheat oven to 350
2. whisk together the flour and baking soda. set aside
3. beat peanut butter, sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer.
3. add egg. gradually add flour mixture, beating until incorporated.
4. line cookie sheets with parchment. scoop dough by the tablespoon and roll into balls. then use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern into the balls, slightly flattening them
5. bake cookies, rotating halfway, until lightly golden, 17-20 min. cool on wire rack
I'll be back soon with the results!
OK I'm back. We've eaten and photographed them now. These are some nice yummy cookies, and look how pretty they are, too!