It's becoming a treacherous place for two small farm animals! Luckily, we have locked ourselves in the kitchen with all these cookies. After making the last two recipes that have to chill, we are ready for some cookies we can eat! These are one of our all-time favorites, Butterfinger cookies.
This recipe is adapted from razzle-dazzle recipes.
Cornelius' note: the recipe below will only make about 24 cookies - you might want more...
1 3/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 c (3 2.1 oz bars or 9 fun size) butterfinger bars
1. coarsely chop your butterfingers.
Cornelius' tip: We recommend NOT using a food processor. The candy gets all stuck in the blades, its a mess to clean, and we think they taste better with bigger candy chunks.
2. preheat the oven to 375.
3. cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.
4. beat in egg and vanilla
5. combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. add dry ingredients to the wet ones.
6. stir in butterfinger.
7. drop tablespoonfuls on an ungreased baking sheet.
8. bake 10-12 min until slightly browned. allow to cool on wire rack
These just came out of the oven and they smell delicious! But we'll wait for them to cool some before we try to eat and photograph them.
OK, now we can really say they are as delicious as they smell. We've been in the kitchen for four hours though and this is our first completed cookie... so we're going to need to move faster!