First up is Andes Mint Cookies courtesy of Christmas-Cookies.com. We found this recipe a few years ago but have never tried it. But really, we love Andes Mints and love cookies so we don't think anything could possibly go wrong with this one. Here's what you will need:
1 c sugar
1/2 c packed light brown sugar
3/4 c (1.5 sticks) butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp water
3 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
6 oz (1.33 packs) Andes Mints
1. cream the butter and sugars
2. add eggs and water and vanilla
3. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients, scraping between additions.
4. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
We'll be back later with the rest!
** continued the next day **
We let the dough refrigerate overnight and now we're ready to turn it into cookies.
5. Gather your Andes mints, and unwrap them
7. bake 7-9 min until golden
Cornelius' note: This recipe needs some work. The dough is hard to work with, and then there is way too much of it for the amount of mint (see close up above). We've only baked half of it so far, so we're going to try to play with it for the other half because it certainly has potential.