Cornelius and I have been very busy this month. We've cooked, we've baked, we've eaten, and we've done it all over again! Now it is time for one of our easy specialties - pasta with vodka sauce. (It should be no surprise that a recipe with vodka is one of our favorites.) We originally found this recipe at EveryRecipe.info and we really like to make it on the weekend because it is great for weekday lunches.
1 lb. penne pasta
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. vodka
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter with oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onions and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer until almost no liquid remains in the pan, about 25 minutes.
4. While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package instructions.
5. Add cream, vodka, and red pepper and boil until thickened, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Combine with cooked pasta, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and serve.
And so it is that simple - you just follow the six steps above and you will have yummy hot lunches all week!