Monday, May 24, 2010
This recipe used to be called Baked Almond Chicken. (We adapted it from Taste of Home.) Whenever we scanned our recipe binder for what to make, we would glance over it, thinking it was chicken dipped in crushed almonds and baked. In fact, it is something completely different! So, we have renamed it so that we can remember how yummy and unique it actually is!
1/4 c flour
2 x 2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
2 chicken breast halves
3/4 c heavy whipping cream
1/4 c breadcrumbs
1/4 c almond slivers/slices, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Place flour in a bowl. Put 2 Tbsp of butter, and celery salt, paprika, salt, pepper, curry, and oregano in another bowl.
3. Dip chicken in flour, then in butter/spices.
4. Pour cream around chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
5. Combine breadcrumbs and 2 Tbsp butter,
sprinkle over chicken. Top with almonds.
6. Bake another 5-8 minutes (until golden and bubbly).
7. Serve over pasta.