We found a recipe called Greek Chicken. Being experts in Greek cooking, we don't really think its very Greek. However, it is generally Mediterranean-ish, so we've re-branded it Hellenistic Chicken. Whatever you call it, it is delicious.
We try to give credit to our sources as best we can, but this is another instance of we found it online a long time ago and haven't been able to re-google it back. So if you know where it came from, we'll be happy to give credit.
ingredients (2 servings)
1/4 c flour
2 chicken thighs
1 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 1/2 medium fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 c white wine
1 pinch saffron threads
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 c + 2 Tbsp raisins
salt and pepper
1. chop all your stuff so it's ready to go.
2. season flour with salt and pepper. dredge chicken in seasoned flour.
3. heat butter and oil over medium high heat.
4. brown chicken, turning once, (about 6 minutes).
5. Stir in shallots, onion, and garlic - cook until soft (about 3 minutes).
6. Stir in tomatoes and wine - bring to a boil.
7. Then stir in saffron, curry powder, sugar, raisins, and salt and pepper. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve over rice.
This is one of our favorite recipes. It takes a little bit of time to make, but its not complicated and its definitely worth it; it has a very unique flavor.