There are few things we enjoy more than cheese and alcoholic beverages.
1 cup uncooked arborio rice
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz lager beer
1.5 cups chicken broth
5 oz shredded yellow cheddar cheese
3 oz shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
tabasco sauce, a few drops
1. saute onion and garlic in oil and butter for 2-3 min
2. add rice, cook another 2 min
3. Add 1 cup of broth, cook until liquid is mostly absorbed
4. add 1 cup of beer, cook until liquid is mostly absorbed
5. add 1/2 c of broth and 1/2 cup of beer, cook until liquid is mostly absorbed
6. add all the cheese, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and a few drops of tabasco sauce. stir into rice until all the cheese is melted and all ingredients are mixed.
Both Cal and I agree it was a fantastic dinner and it reminded me of Melting Pot cheddar fondue. We only wish we had thought to chop ourselves some dippers!