After weeks of buying Wegman's blueberry muffins for our breakfasts, Cal and I decided enough was enough! We are going to buy some jumbo muffin pans and begin our quest to find the best blueberry muffin recipe in all the land. For our first muffin attempt, we are mostly following a recipe from All Recipes called To Die For Blueberry Muffins, except that we made a few changes along the way. For one, their recipe does not make nearly enough muffins, so we have doubled it. This will still only create 9 jumbo muffins.
3 c. flour
1.5 c. sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2/3 c vegetable oil
2/3 c milk (roughly)
2 c blueberries
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c light brown sugar
1/3 c flour
1/4 c butter, cubed
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1. preheat oven to 400.
2. grease muffin pans with butter or line them with papers.
3. pour 2/3 c oil into a glass measuring cup. add the 2 eggs. add milk until you have 2 c of total liquid (roughly 2/3 c milk). add vanilla.
4. combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder in the bowl of an electric mixer. pour in liquid mixture while the machine in running. blend until well mixed, scraping down the bowl as needed.
5. fold in the blueberries.
6. pour into muffin pans. you can fill them most of the way.
7. prepare the crumbly mix topping! combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in a food processor. pulse until butter is no longer in chunks.
8. divide topping over all of the muffins.
9. bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. This is what the looks like:
10. allow to cool completely on a wire rack before removing. then they will come out beautiful like this:
Do I know the muffin man? No. But I do know the muffin pig. His name is Cornelius (yes, thats me) and he makes the greatest blueberry muffins in the land.